OIE Reference Center
1. OIE Reference Laboratory for Brucellosis, Immunology section, NIAH
The OIE Reference Laboratory for Brucellosis was established in 26th May 2016 and accredited for ISO/IEC 17025:2005 by an accreditation body like Bureau of Laboratory Quality Standard, Department of Medical Sciences, Thailand. Currently, there are 17 countries applied to be its members. To ensure that all members can reach its quality, the OIE Reference Laboratory for Brucellosis sets standard for the methods, reagent control and laboratory quality control for brucellosis diagnosis that all members have to comply with. In addition, the laboratory of all members have to conduct the Asia-Pacific Bovine Brucellosis inter-laboratory Proficiency Test (ILPT) every 2 years.
- To serve as the OIE Reference Laboratory for brucellosis diagnosis and control, and engage in all the scientific and technical problems relating to brucellosis.
- To provide scientific and technical training, education, assistance, and advice on topics linked to diagnosis and control of brucellosis for OIE Member Countries.
- To promote and strengthen brucellosis laboratory network in Asia Pacific region by performing ILPT.
- To coordinate scientific and technical studies in collaboration with other laboratories and organizations, including through the OIE mechanism.
2. Regional Reference Laboratory for Foot and Mouth Disease (RRL), NIAH
Regional Reference Laboratory for Foot and Mouth Disease was established in 1958 and considered as an OIE Reference Laboratory for FMD since 2009. The BSL-3 laboratory has been designated as the SEAFMD RRL and was officially opened in 11 October 2004, and since then has received samples from South East ASIA. RRL has reached it international standard for laboratory which was accredited for ISO/IEC 17025:2005 from Bureau of Laboratory Quality Standard, Department of Medical Sciences in Thailand. RRL has organized the inter-laboratory comparison testing on FMD serology and antigen typing test which 10 laboratories in southeast Asian countries are participating. Moreover, RRL is a FMD training center and technique transfer in the region.